Saturday, July 16, 2011

Yard sale!

We definitely did better than I expected today... About five times better than I hoped for! I thought it would be great if we made enough to go out to dinner. We totally blew that out of the water. Looks like the (fancy, primer mixed in) paint for the baby's room is all set, plus a new set of wall hooks for the kayaks, and maybe some nursery fabric too, are all taken care of. Plus, we don't have to find a place to get rid of alllllll the crap anymore.

I thought it might be hard to get rid of our stuff, like charging $30 for a plastic necklace hard, but it really wasn't. We were practically giving stuff away. One guy actually gave me more money than I asked for for what he bought because I think he felt bad. But everything that didn't sell went straight to goodwill when the sale was over anyway (I mean, like, within half an hour). It's nice to see the garage with a lot less stuff. It will be nice to get rid of the storage unit, and just have our stuff in the attic.

No comments: