Wednesday, June 13, 2007

By special request (from Olivia) I am making a post about what we've been up to.
Here it is.... nothing.
Okay, just kidding.
We went to Charlotte on Saturday, mostly because that is the closest Jared and I needed to get my diamond inspected, but also just to check it out. We drove with the top down, and I got sunburned on my knees and my left forearm, where I missed the sunscreen. It was HOT that day. Close to 100°. We went downtown, but it was deserted, probably because it was so hot! On the way home, we stopped at a state park and went to the beach. We walked in as far as we could with our clothes on, but that is never too much fun, when you want to swim but can't. So Sunday we went to Hanging Rock State Park (the closest mountain) and tried to swim, but that lake is spring fed and it was VERY cold. It might have been okay if it was 97° like the day before, but it was closer to 80° so mostly we just soaked up the sun.
Tomorrow I go into the hospital for my volunteer orientation, so hopefully that goes well! I'm very excited to start volunteering, hopefully it can help me with meeting people.
Alright, thats about it for now. I will leave you with some photos of Winston Salem Police Academy Class #56 getting pepper sprayed:
Oops, scratch that. I spent all this time getting them ready... and then Keith said they're not allowed to put them on the internet. That was the #1 rule. So if you want to see them, you have to come to our place :)

No comments: