Saturday, May 1, 2010

being grown up

I know that I probably felt so grown up when we made the decision to move down here.

I'm sure I felt grown up when we got married.

I probably thought I felt grown up once we actually moved (but I'm also sure I really didn't act like it because I missed home so much)

And now I'm feeling it again, about to turn 25, my baby brother just turned 21 and can buy beer, making another huge life decision. What will happen? We don't know. When will it happen? Don't know that either. All we can do is pray for peace while we wait, and put our faith in God and in Sandy and hope that the end result is good.

I feel so pulled in different directions right now. I know what I want, and I know what Keith wants, and the big picture is the same. But I'm scared. You would think that we know what we're doing, we've done it before. But nothing is ever the same twice. If you follow a path, you don't know it has changed behind you. If you jump off that path, and then go back, its going to be different. Different plants, different footprints, just different.

No comments: